Wednesday 19 June 2013

Awesome Things Part V

I'm reviving this series of little things that make your day because I feel that sometimes it's just really lovely to reflect on the little things in life.

-Happy bus drivers/train conductors
You know the sort-the ones who whistle and sing and smile. The ones who stop to chat to you and don't glare at you as if they're wasting your time. The ones who make your journey a little bit brighter, or make your day start a little better just because they're really happy and jolly and it's infectious. The ones who have hole punches in novelty shapes, just because they can:

Why yes, that is my full name...

-Predicting the end of a (good) book
I could add 'film' on there too, but I think a lot of film/tv series endings are so inevitable you don't have to try though. Books though, are different somehow-it's harder to get it right because the plot can trip you up when you're least expecting it. I love it when I guess who's the murderer or who's going to fall in love with who or just how it's going to end, it makes me feel like I've got one up on the author. But actually it's just as good when I'm convinced I know whodunnit and then they go and pull the rug out from under your feet and take it in a different direction to the one you were expecting altogether. 

-Being in people's profile picture
One for the modern era, this, and I know some people will disagree. But I think it's always a nice feeling when someone chooses a photo of you as their profile pic-it's like they're saying "this is me and a person/some people I love" which is a great feeling. 

-When you introduce someone to something you love and they love it too
I'm always wary of introducing my friends to things I'm really passionate about because it always kinda sucks when they just don't understand why you love it so much. Whether it's music/books/tv/films it's a bit deflating when they thought it was just OK. But when they love it as much as you it's brilliant-you can enjoy it together by discussing every episode/having epic listening sessions/quoting along to the movie together etc etc. It's fab!

-Finding a pair of heels that are incredibly comfortable
Everyone (well, the ladies at least) knows the pain of heels-and it's always worse when they're incredibly beautiful shoes but too painful to wear (aka 'restaurant heels' to me) so they just gather dust. It's a rare thing when you find a pair of heels that look good but also feel good too-but isn't it an amazing when it happens? I bought a new pair of wedges recently and they were SO comfy I walked 2miles home in them and didn't have sore feet afterwards-basically they're brilliant. Now just to buy one pair in every colour, ey?

That's all for today, but I'm going to try and get back to posting one of these a month, because sometimes you just need to appreciate those awesome little things, don't you?

-Jenni-

Previous instalments:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!