Sunday 2 June 2013

30 Posts of Truth-Part 10

10. Someone You Need To Let Go Of, Or Wish You Didn't Know

When I first read this list of blog prompts, I felt sure that this post was going to be another one about the Ex and the Ex-Best-Friend, how I needed to let them go and forget about them blah blah blah. What I had failed to anticipate though was that I might already have let them go by the time I reached number 10-and I think I covered my reasons for this pretty succinctly in truth number four. I'm glad to say that they're little more than a distant memory now, and while I still think about them from time to time, it's in a way that doesn't really have any emotions attached to it. They were shitty to me, but people are shitty sometimes and I don't need them any more.

So I had another think about it. Who is hanging over my life in a way that means I want to get rid of them, who do I wish I never had to see again, who is really bad for me so that I would be healthier without them in my life?
And I couldn't think of anyone. Right now I don't think there is anyone in my life who I would be better off without. Sure there are some people I like slightly more, some people I like slightly less, but there's no-one I wish I didn't know at all. And it's a wonderful revelation really-that everyone I call a friend is a friend who is good for me and good to me. I've had my share of troublesome friendships/relationships, the ones that turn you into someone you don't really want to be and I'm really glad that I don't have any of those influences on my life at the moment. 

So who do I need to let go of? Absolutely no-one. And that feels good.

-Jenni-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!