Sunday 27 May 2012

Fat Vs Fake

Now I, like a lot of people, love a good documentary, and recently Channel 4 has been giving us some corkers-hoarders (which seem to be the new hot topic at the moment), phone sex, sex toys etc etc. I've watched a lot of them recently (because it's exam time and I should be revising) and enjoyed most of them, which probably makes me some sort of voyeur, but I would rather be a docuphile than a Reality TV addict.
The 2 most recent C4 documentaries I have watched are My Big Fat Fetish and Sex, Lies and Rinsing Guys which have both been quite popular, by the sounds of things. Actually, I didn't watch both of them, one of them I switched off after 5 minutes because I was so disgusted in humanity.
MBFF was about big women who love their (overweight) bodies, and model them on the internet to make a living. SL&RG was about girls who extort money out of men so they can afford all the luxuries in life they desire without lifting a finger. And honestly, if I was given an at-gunpoint-choice between one of their lifestyles, I would choose to be a Big Beautiful Woman over a Rinser every single time.
I have absolutely no problem with the BBW movement. More people should love their bodies the way that these women do and have the confidence that they demonstrate. These women are often mocked by society because they don't conform to its norms, but they love themselves and they are happy and beautiful in their own ways so why should we judge them so harshly? Indeed, normal models starve themselves to the point of anorexia so the "it's just not healthy" argument does not ring true in my mind. If they are happy with the way they look and the job that they do then society should just back off and let them do it.
Personally, I have much more contempt for people who just try and get something for nothing in life. As far as I can gather from reading about the programme (Sex, Lies and Rinsing Guys) these women get men to buy them things by flirting with them, going on dates with them and offering their friendship. I just don't understand how you can have any sense of pride in a lifestyle that consists of daily extortion because men are suckers for girls with a fake everything.
However, reading the Twitter feeds (#RinsingGuys and #MyBigFatFetish) it's clear to see that while the 'stars' of both documentaries get slated, it's a lot harsher on the fat gals-I even found some people admiring the rinsers, but nearly all the comments on the fat fetish feed were negative/insulting. Again, society dictates that the worst thing you can be as a woman is fat. It just makes no sense to me, that just because they are larger women and showing it off that they are somehow worse people than the girls who just make men buy them the things they want. Society, get a grip on yourself-it's far sexier to be body confident and love the skin you're in, whatever size and shape you are, than to plaster yourself in enough fake tan to change your ethnicity and make yourself up until you don't even resemble yourself any more.
Put it this way, which of these two ladies is the more attractive?
Left: Adele, Queen of Fabulousness, Right: Jodie Marsh Queen of Fakery
Pic sources [HERE] and [HERE]
Exactly.
Love what you got and not what you're not, that's what I say!

-Jenni-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!