Tuesday 3 July 2012

Even More Awesome Things

It's July, it's a new month and there will be sunshine. There has to be, it's the law. So here's this months awesome things of awesomeness.

1: Counting down to your birthday.
I know that this will be a contentious point as I know I have annoyed my friends with this my whole life. Maybe it's because my birthday is in summer, so much later than all my other friends', but I still get ever so slightly excited about it even though I am nearly 2-little-ducks years old.* I've always enjoyed seeing the number of days until my day decrease in number until it's tomorrow and then it's time for Bucks Fizz at midnight. (Family tradition. On my 18th Birthday my Dad gave me 3/4 pint of the stuff. Ooer.) In fairness I like counting down to all exciting things because the excitement can only build as it gets closer and closer.

2. Singing very loudly in an empty house.
LA LA LA NO-ONE CAN HEAR ME AND I CAN BE AS LOUD AS I LIKE! It's the most fun ever.

3. That SMELL when people are cutting their grass.
Plague of people with hay fever (not hey fever as was previously written. I am an idiot.), I'm sure, but to me it's the smell of summer! You know when people start mowing their lawns again that soon it must be time to put a barbeque on it and cook many parts of many animals for me to put in my face with gusto and glee. Plus it smells amazing in its own right. Win.

4. Drying your washing outside.
For me this has always been one of life's simplest pleasures. It's good for your wallet, it's good for your environment and it's good for your clothes. But more than that, it's a household job that I actually enjoy doing-hanging out my washing and letting the sun and the slight breeze do the difficult task of drying it, then collecting it a couple of hours later all sun warmed and smelling lovely. Just hope it doesn't rain.

5. Stretching.
I just did an awesome one. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. You know it's good.

There. 5 more of life's littlest things that make you smile. Can you beat these? Let me know

-Jenni-


*It's on Sunday 8th by the way. 5 days!

2 comments:

  1. Completely age with 2 and 3! I don't really get to participate in 1 and 4 during July (it's our rainy season. big time). You seem to be teaching a bit for number 5 (pun intended).

    All in all, though: awesome things are awesome. Though I think (biasedly) that I win with my numbah one: fireworks on the Fourth of July! (If it would please stop storming for one teensy moment.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey if someone bought me fireworks on my birthday I'd have them then too!
      Enjoy your rain!!

      Delete

Don't be shy, say hello!