Tuesday 24 July 2012

A Rather Nice Idea...

I'm calling this an 'Experiment in Social Media' because I don't know if I have enough followers/people reading my blog to make it work. We shall have to wait and see...

The internet has become a very useful tool in helping people keep in touch with one another nowadays-you can fire off an email to someone or poke them on Facebook without even having to put down your sandwich. Long gone are the days where communication was a tedious business involving weeks of waiting before you got a reply to your letter, now we can send a text message and get the response within the same minute. And it's all rather marvellous. Except. Except for the fact that getting a text or an email isn't quite the same as having a letter land on your doorstep, full of excitement and possibility. And let's face it, everyone loves getting post that isn't just another bill or an ad campaign by a company trying to sell you broadband (irony, anyone?), and it's a sad fact that this age-old form of communication is dying out. SO. Here's what I propose: Inspired by the wonderful Jen Campbell, an author who recently sent out postcards to some of her fans to celebrate her new poetry collection*, the other day I went to a Paperchase and picked up some lovely postcards.
Look, there they are, in all their lovely postcardyness
Here's where you come in. If you are reading this, and like getting in real life letters and you want me to send you a lovely postcard, then I WILL. Send me your name and address to circlethinker@gmail.com and I will post them out-anywhere in the world! (NB-I have 10 postcards, so obviously they will only go to the first 10 people. If there are more than 10 then I will definitely consider doing this again, and if not the postcards will go into my collection instead!) I can't promise you what I will write on them yet, but it will probably be some of my favourite quotes or song lyrics, or if you're really lucky, some waffle from me. Whether I know you (hello!) or whether I don't (Hello!) if you fancy getting something nice in the post then you know what you have to do. Who knows, maybe this might inspire you to post out some love to people too?

Now to sit back and see if this works...

-Jenni-

P.S 2 of the cards are a smidge on the naughty side so if you would prefer not to get one of these, just mention it somewhere!


*I got one of them, and it was really rather lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!