Thursday 14 June 2012

My Lovely Room

So my time in this house is very rapidly drawing to a close, and I am kind of sad to have to think that I am going to have to move out very soon, and especially out of Sheffield, this city that I love so. I've loved living in this house the most (of the 3 that I have known!), not only because it is close to everything I need (3 minutes from the SU is a godsend for early lectures!!) but because it's been a lot less stressful than my previous ones. Sadly, I was unable to appreciate my 2nd year house as much due to some horrendous conflict surrounding a single person who also lived there, but this year has been full of fresh faces and it was lovely. Anyway, before I start packing up my stuff and dismantling my wall displays (i.e removing the 120+ things that adorn my walls*), I thought I would take some photos for posterity and share them as I promised to do a very long time ago. I will apologise now for the blurryness of the photos, my camera doesn't do very well indoors!

My door.
Crime Scene tape + Minions FTW.

This is in my bathroom, without showing you any of the facilities. I like ducks.
(The sign came all the way from Australia to declare 'Last Dunny for 400km')

This is my Wall of Happy. A good friend of mine introduced me to the idea a long time ago and it's just stuck.
It's full of lovely memories of lovely things, and I like to sit and stare at it sometimes. ***

Plus my photo wall.***

Shoes. BOOKS. Wardrobe.
I collect awesome postcards by the way.
Yeah, totally made my bed just for the photo...

I LOVE my bed.
Messy dressing table is MESSY. Koalas also from Ozland.

Bathroom door + more awesome postcards. 

And so there you have it, my lovely room. It is, as many people have commented, very 'me', in that it's slightly messy and not the most organised of places, but covered in things that I think are awesome and that add a bit of colour and humour into it. I'm really looking forward to (hopefully!) being able to spread them around a few more rooms when I get a flat of my own, but I'll miss this place. Wilkinson Street, it's been awesome. =)


*I get really bored of plain ones!**
**I am going to have SO MUCH blutac soon.
***No we don't mention how messy the desk is.

2 comments:

  1. My room is very messy too but its got my memories and my favourite things in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just have to, don't you! Moving out over the next 2 weeks though, SO SAD

      Delete

Don't be shy, say hello!