Sunday 18 September 2011

Blue Skies Through The Tears In My Eyes...

...and I realise
I'm going home.
Extra Brownie points to anyone who gets the quote.
So. I am all moved in to my new shiny paint-smelling bedroom, and for good this time. I say all moved in, and I mean in physical proximity only- I have yet to unpack the thousands of bags that seem to have journeyed with me up here and find homes for all of the things that I doubtless need but brought anyway. This is what I should be doing with my evening. Instead, I intend to have a shower and then watch Doctor Who, after moving enough rammel* off my bed for me to get into it. Tomorrow I shall do the sensible unpacking things, and to be honest I am rather looking forward to the part where I get to make things have a place to live in my room-it makes it more mine. 
I love the whole process of moving in to a new student room, even though this is the third time I have done so and I seem to accumulate more stuff every semester. It's the claiming of the space as your own, turning it from that drab and dreary plain room into something that has your stamp on it, that is full of familiar things that are put in the places exactly where you wanted them to go. It's very therapeutic, and personally makes me feel quite proud at the end of it-when I can look around and marvel at what I have created. Once it's done, once it's finished, I will take some photos of it to show you and you can decide what you would have done differently. That's the best bit, it's entirely my own and no-one else would do it quite the same.
Until then, I am going to just enjoy being home again.

Night, 
Jenni x


*Rammel is a word my mother uses to describe general clutter and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!