Sunday 15 July 2012

On The Flip Side

It occurred to me the other day just how often I say the phrase "it makes me want to punch them in the face". I don't think I am a horrible person, I just get annoyed really really easily, at all the little things that probably shouldn't matter. And really, everyone does from time to time, don't they? When you're having one of those days when it feels like the whole world is against you, it's really easy to get annoyed at those little things. Once a month or so, I do a list of some of the awesome things in my life, the little things that really make your day when they happen to you, but I was thinking about the other side, the things that just get on your nerves and make you grit your teeth, roll your eyes and grumble under your breath. A friend of mine joked that she was going to buy me the web-domain of Ihateeverything.com for my birthday, because I could easily fill a site like that with slightly ranty things. But instead, I'm going to do a similar post to my Awesome Things ones, only full of all those little things that are too annoying to warrant a full blog post of their own. Nothing important, nothing major, nothing life changing, just the tiny little, but still really annoying things.

Number 1: Two different types of music playing at the same time.
Drives me maaad. I can't focus on either one of them, but instead they mash together and just become awful awful noise. Aaaaaah!

Number 2: The limited number of adverts online TV providers have.
I realise that you see less adverts online than you do on the actual tele, and I'm not complaining about that. What I don't like is the fact that you can watch a show with 3 ad breaks, and watch the same four adverts in each one. It's not like you have long enough to get up and go to the loo in the break, so you have to suffer through them each time. It'd be so much better if you could have a little bit more variety, if only so I don't have to watch the same actress be amazed at the effects of her toothpaste*, or hear this guy say "yes some lovely sandwiches" again...

Number 3: People who cough/sneeze on public transport without covering their mouths.
Bler. You make me feel ill, and I can't physically hold my breath long enough to not get your germs. STOP IT, IT'S GROSS, STOP IT NOW.

Number 4: Small children's toys EVERYWHERE.
Seriously, I tread on at least one thing a day. And the whole of my house from about waist-down-height is sticky! It's HORRID. Eugh, children. No-one will ever be able to convince me that I would enjoying having some of my own.

Number 5: THIS.

Image source here
I mean WHAT? Why? Who the hell decided to make a fictional, computer generated meerkat an advertising point? Why are they STILL DOING THIS? At first, it was (And I totally agree) innovative and different and a bit fun. Now it's just annoying and ridiculous. They are selling adults insurance by offering them a free cuddly toy. It's madness. C'mon Compare the Market, Go Compare got the message that everyone hated their ads, time you do too. 

Ahhhh, that feels better. Time to stop stressing now and relaaaax.
Tata!


*NB Don't get me started on toothpaste adverts, they're full of pretend science and REALLY annoying. Does it clean my teeth? Yes. Does it taste of mint? Yes. That's all you need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!