Sunday 1 April 2012

I'm Grateful For...

The people in this photograph. Plus HR + RW who aren't.
If any of you know me at all, you will probably have heard me talking about (my) USLES at one point or another-and some of you may have wondered what I was banging on about and some of you may have just ignored me completely. But the reason I bang on about them so much is because they have been my second family since I got to Sheffield Uni, and they are all sorts of wonderful people. At the end of my 2nd year here, I was lucky enough to get voted in as their President, and those guys up there were chosen to stand alongside me on the committee.
To say I couldn't have done it without them is a somewhat redundant statement, because obviously I couldn't have done the jobs of 11 people by myself. But more than that, I really couldn't have done this-been President for a year-without them. They have helped me in so many ways this year-firstly as the USLES committee to help to keep the cogs of the society running and well oiled, but also on a personal level for me. I can think of moments where every one of them has helped me individually, whether it was by giving me confidence in myself as President, giving me the best of advice during committee meetings, making me smile exactly when I needed it most or by wiping shaving foam out of my eyes following this moment: 
Dick Whittington, December 2011
In which I got exuberantly pied in the face. 
along with a thousand other ways. I feel very lucky that I got to work with them on this level, and count them amongst my closest friends at university. They're just a truly amazing bunch.

So guys, if you're reading this, I would just like to say THANK YOU. A million thank yous. You have all done a fantastic job this year and together we have helped USLES be the best it can be. Each and every one of you is wonderful and brilliant, and I am so grateful that you guys were both on the committee and in my life.
Keep on being awesome, please.

Jenni x 

4 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww! It was a glorious committee (I should know: I elected it)! From what I've heard you've all done a lovely job and I'm sorry I wasn't there to cheer y'all on.

    I miss you guys and hope I'l get the chance to visit you soonish.

    Last note: Good work Mr. President! USLES is grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We couldn't have done it without our amazing President!!! I will miss you soooo much and so will everyone else!

    And, yes, I am your Secretary for life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how Graham is taking single-handed credit for the election...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!