Friday 15 February 2013

Five Minute Fridays: Beloved


I realised something yesterday-that Valentine’s Day shouldn’t just be all about romance, it shouldn’t just be viewed as a day to spend in a couple reminding each other why you love each other, but it should be celebrated with everyone you love. It’s a day where you should take a little time to tell everyone that you love that they matter to you, that you think they’re amazing and that you care about them. I really enjoyed my Valentine’s Day and I didn’t do anything romantic or especially love-centric. I went to see 4:48 Psychosis with my friends-a play that is definitely not themed around Valentine’s subjects-it’s very dark and tells a tale of very severe depression. But it was very good, and I enjoyed the fact that I got to spend time in good company watching some theatre (one of my favourite things to do.)

 My best friend gave me flowers and came around to my house just to hang out with me-we didn’t do anything other than lie on my bed and veg out with each other but it was really nice to see her. People posted nice things on my Facebook wall, on my blog post, sent me texts that made me giggle. A lady commented on how fabulous my new Doc Martens were (let’s face it, she’s right there) and it really made me smile. | I discovered this website and it made me feel wonderful.

So to all my friends reading this, if I didn’t tell you yesterday; I love you. You’re brilliant. You matter. You’re absofuckinglutely amazing. You make me smile, make me laugh and fill my life with awesome things and I’m so glad that I know each and every one of you. And I hope you all had fantastic Valentine’s Days, whatever you did. 



NB:  |  denotes where my 5 minute alarm went off.


If you want to know what Five Minute Fridays are all about/take part yourself, more information can be found here: http://lisajobaker.com/five-minute-friday/

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni- it's fantastic that you know you don't HAVE to be a couple to celebrate Valentine's Day. All you need is love, no matter what form. Sometimes the best times are with your friends, just vegging and being yourself. I miss having friends to do that with myself, being a full time working mother with a husband and busy schedule, finding time for friends is a luxury. Cherish every one of those moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, love is for all and why not celebrate it with all those near and dear to you!

    Christy @ A Heartening Life
    www.ahearteninglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. February, in addition to hosting Groundhog's Day and Valentine's Day, also happens to be the month in which I was born. So, for whatever reason (probably the presents and cake and chocolates I buy for myself) I always feel extra helpings of mushiness during this month. I didn't even do anything abnormal yesterday, and still I felt the love. Glad you did, too!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!