Sunday 2 February 2014

30 Posts of Truth-Part 15

Part 15-Something or someone you couldn't live without (because you've tried it)

I kind of hate myself for this but one think I don't think I could live without any more is The Internet. I'm loathe to admit it but I am a true child of the 21st century and am more than a little addicted to being able to access everything all the time, in my pocket. I don't like being without my Facebook and Twitter and blog-reading what my friends have been up to and telling them my news in return, of tweeting nonsense in under 140 characters, of spilling out my thoughts for other people to read. I've noticed that it's got especially bad since I joined the ranks of smart phone users late last year-I'm constantly finding myself checking for wi-fi signal. I'm hoping that I haven't quite turned into a smart phone dick (although re-reading that post I do have to cringe at what past me would say to present-day me now!), but I have found myself on occasion being guilty of losing track of real life conversations while my brain processes virtual ones-oops!

It's going to be interesting over the next few days because I will be moving into a flat that doesn't yet have internet, and so I am going to have to do without. I'm hoping that some time offline might give me a chance to start weaning myself off it a little, as it has been my biggest companion in the past year, but now real life is beckoning me. We shall have to see how well this goes, haha.

And for all that the internet has a hold over me, I can't begrudge it too much because it's a great way for me to keep in touch with all my friends, whether they be in a different city or a different country-a facebook message here and a tweet there makes the world feel like a much smaller place, and sometimes, that's no bad thing.

-Jenni-

As I mentioned, I will be moving house tomorrow (Eee!) so this blog will probably be silent for a week or so, until I find my feet. And get internet back again, of course! I'll see you all then.
Also the savvy-eyed amongst you will notice that I've skipped one of these posts but that's because #14 was just proving too difficult to write, and life is too short sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!